Tuesday, July 22, 2008

About the Blog's Title

Writers write, right? Right.

A bit obvious, eh? It's just a mantra to myself to make sure that I'm actually getting something on paper the majority of the time. Too many "writers" claim their title without ever getting anything on paper. Jobs, school, family, etc. won't allow it. Sorry, but that's bullshit. I know because I used to be one of those guys. The time is there for the taking, but no one wants to sacrifice their warcraft or weekends clubbing to do so. Depending on what's going on in your life, it can be a hard sacrifice to make, but if it's really what you want - more so than hitting lvl 70 on your Druid before the next expansion hits - then you've got to treat it as such and do the work.

Writing is a job. If you don't put time and effort into your job then you aren't going to get very far with it, right?

Right.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good mantra to have.

I found your blog through a comment on Boring Future Generations (you mentioned Mark Millar's "Kick-Ass"). :)

J. Alan Shelton said...

Thanks for the comment, Blogette! =)
I'm a huge fan of Millar's work - going back to his indie days on "The Saint". Great to see him really embracing creator owned work again.