Monday, July 21, 2008

A Nice Distraction or Two....

Just finished J.J. Abrams new Fox pilot "Fringe". Simply one of the best openings on a television series ever. Wouldn't be surprised if it was re-edited with less gore. Good stuff. Overall, I really enjoyed the characters but felt things slowed down quite a bit during the middle. Can't wait to see the new cut. Or write a spec for it. Ha.

Also, digested the pre-air screener to Alan Ball's take on The Southern Vampire Mysteries, "True Blood". I've heard a lot of complaints about the accents but I found them to be just fine and not really distracting at all. It was entertaining but something did feel a bit off in terms of story content. Still, I'm excited to see the final cut on HBO in the near future.

Enough distractions - as entertaining as they may be - I have a spec to write.

No comments: