Thursday, July 24, 2008

Disney Fellowship Spec Part 3

Well, it's been awhile since I had anything of note to report but here I am to do just that: the outline is finished.

Is it perfect? No. Am I happy with it? Somewhat.

Unfortunately, I just don't have time to keep mucking around with it. There comes a point that deadline is king and we must bow before it. This is one of those times.

The solution to the hectic problems I was having? I simply scrapped it and went with a more generic plot. The idea now is to take the mundane and trick the reader into thinking that it's something special. And now that I think about it, that's probably the way I should have approached it to begin with. After all, it's not our job to come up with the complete story - it's a group effort. The writer just needs to make sure that the script based off the outline rocks.

And that is exactly what I intend to do.

No comments: